SydGen Black Pearl 2006Previous Page
Unit Price with any combination of
Volume Discount Eligible Bulls
[ AMF-CAF-D2F-DDF-M1F-NHF-OHF-OSF ]
Conventional semen ONLY packaged in ½ cc straws
Black Pearl has been especially popular in Australia and New Zealand for his fleshing ability, strength of fore-rib and overall body capacity along with solid feet and leg structure.
Few sires can match Black Pearl’s combination of Calving Ease Direct EPD, growth, Docility score EPD and the bio-economic index values, and his many daughters in production show the exceptional teat and udder structure one would expect from his beautiful dam that served for many years as the model daughter of her sire Connealy Forward in past ORIgen promotions. While compiling an average weaning ratio of 111 and an average yearling ratio of 112 on her two natural calves, she has produced six sons that have served as SydGen herd sires.
Sold as a 10-month-old bull calf in the 2012 SydGen annual sale, Black Pearl blew away his contemporaries as a yearling with ratios of 116 for average daily gain, 113 for adjusted 365-day weight, 129 for % intramuscular fat and 127 for ribeye area measure with an adjusted 365-day measure of 18.3 square inches, and his added muscle is both unusual and valuable in a high accuracy sire that can be used with confidence for breeding virgin heifers.
Maternal brothers to Black Pearl include the SydGen herd sires BCA Patriarch and BCA Jack Black who sired the Missouri State Fair Grand Champion SydGen Big Branch whose son was the $28,000 half interest top bull calf in 2020 and SydGen Anita 8611 is also the dam of the $34,000 past SydGen top-seller SydGen Big Medicine 1779 and his $10,000 flush brother that had the top adjusted yearling weight of their calf crop at SydGen.
In the Spring 2021 NCE Update:
NUMBER 5 at ORIgen for Calving Ease Maternal EPD and top 10 for Calving Ease Direct EPD. Elite top 2% for $Combined value index, top 3% for $Beef value index and top 5% for Calving Ease Maternal EPD
Swanson Angus Farms
Brinkley Angus Ranch