237 Stud News

SydGen Merit 6553 

Previous Page
SydGen Merit 6553

Order Semen

Semen

Semen

Unit Price with any combination of
Volume Discount Eligible Bulls

Quantity:
1+
50+
100+
Price for each:
$20.00
$18.00
$16.00
Your savings:
0%
10%
20%
Quantity:    


Order Certificates:

$40.00  Quantity:    
Production
CED
BW
WW
YW
RADG
DMI
9
1.3
52
94
0.23
0.48
0.47
0.68
0.60
0.48
0.37
0.37
30
50
-
-
-
30
YH
SC
DOC
HP
CLAW
ANGLE
PAP
0.3
1.10
14
15.3
0.34
0.50
2.86
0.58
0.51
0.49
0.28
0.32
0.32
0.25
-
30
-
10
3
-
-
Maternal
CEM
MILK
MW
MH
$EN
10
42
-9
-0.5
2
0.31
0.33
0.40
0.42
 
35
1
-
-
20
Carcass
CW
MARB
RE
FAT
40
1.72
0.78
-0.004
0.46
0.41
0.41
0.38
50
1
20
-
$Values
$M
$W
$F
$G
$B
$C
93
77
87
105
192
342
1
10
40
1
2
1
 
 
Sire: SydGen Exceed 3223
Reg. #: 18644333
Tattoo: 6553
Birth Date: Sep 2016
BW: 84
WW: 829
YW: 1,403
Cane Code: 54AN8200
FS: 5.5

[ AMF-CAF-D2F-DDF-M1F-NHF-OHF-OSF-RDF ]

Conventional semen ONLY packaged in ½ cc straws

A consistent Marbling score EPD and $Combined value index leader of the ORIgen Angus sire offering, Merit combines a superior $Maternal value index with negative EPD values for both Mature Weight and Mature Height EPDs and impressive end product merit to sire moderate mature size daughters with marbling score genetics to transmit to their progeny and those daughters should have the ability to function in a wide range of conditions.

With progeny from his first calf crop harvested in the midst of the COVID pandemic in the early summer of 2020, this young sire from a dam with three head scanned that recorded an average %IMF ratio of 140, has touched every base in the beef production chain combining user friendly daughters with added end product merit. Having 27 progeny genomic tested with 34 recorded progeny birth weights and 30 recorded weaning weights, Merit offers a unique and different biological type than many of the

descendants of his sire, but his data touches the bases of the $Combined value index calculation in an impressive manner.

In the Spring 2021 NCE Update:

NUMBER 1 at ORIgen for maternal Milk EPD and reducing Mature Weight EPD, NUMBER 2 for $Grid value index and Marbling score EPD, NUMBER 3 for $Maternal value index and NUMBER 5 for Claw Set EPD and top 10 among active Angus sires and at ORIgen for $Combined value index where he is also top 10 for Calving Ease Direct EPD and Calving Ease Maternal EPD. Elite top 1% for $Combined value index, $Maternal value index, maternal Milk EPD, $Grid value index and Marbling score EPD, top 2% for $Beef value index, top 3% for percent Heifer Pregnancy EPD and Claw Set EPD, top 4% for $Angus x Holstein index and top % for reducing Mature Weight EPD.

 

Owners Information:

Woodhill Farms, Inc.

Viroqua, WI

Sydenstricker Genetics, Inc.

Mexico, MO

Cherne Angus

Guttenberg, IA