Friday, May 29, 2020 will be the National Cattle Evaluation Bi-Annual bio-economic index variable updates.
On this day the following will happen:
- Official release of $C (Combined Value Index).
- Official release of PAP EPD
- This EPD will be shown to 2 decimal points, only high yearling PAP measurement will be counted in the progeny counts, breed average will be right around +1.00 with a LOWER EPD more favorable.
- Annual genomic percentile score update
- Updated breed averages, percentile ranks, updated lists of main and supplemental sires, etc.
- Targeting the Brand logo updates.
- New requirements passed by the CAB Board state that any animal now carrying the Target the Branch logo will have a 0.65 or greater Marbling EPD AND a +55 or greater $G.
Detailed information will be released at the end of this week on angus.org about the changes happening on May 29.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions.
Kelli Retallick |
Genetic Service Director